Sunday, September 20, 2015

What inspires me to write?

My inspiration to write comes mostly from reading and thinking. When I read an excellent story or article that moves me and impacts my life in a positive way, I am motivated to want to do the same thing for others. I have an innate desire in me to want to elevate others as I have been lifted. I want to give back something of what I have received. When something I read touches me, the experience always awakens in me that desire to touch others. In my altruistic moments I think we humans are put here on this earth to help each other. If I can make even a small difference in one person's day by sharing a positive thought or telling a story that boosts his courage or enhances her hope or just brings a moment of peace, I will have filled one aspect of the measure of my creation.

I have also found for me personally that the very act of writing also inspires me to write more. I get pleasure from writing, especially when I am in the writing groove and the words flow easily and fluidly. I enjoy the sensation of having my mind alive with words and ideas. I get a high from the creative process. Sometimes I have to force myself to start writing. Nevertheless, when I follow my discipline and get those juices flowing, the joy of writing is not only its own reward, but I feed on it, and that joy keeps me writing.

Finally, God inspires me to write. I believe in God and His Son, Jesus Christ. I love them. I believe they love me. When I see their love around me, I feel like I have to write about it. It is not good enough to just experience it. I have to share it. If I can write something that lifts another just a little closer to God, I feel like I have done something worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment